Monday 2 November 2009

oops how rude of me.

I am so sorry I forgot to say a huge thank you to those of you who left comments for my little snowman prize draw. It is so nice to get comments from people and I do enjoy reading them and interacting with you all! I am real LOL!!!

A complete change in the weather again today the sun is shining and you would never believe how much rain fell yesterday that means Savannah and I can go for a little walk up the town to post some orders and mooch around for a while!

Tomorrow is quite a big day for me. As many of you are aware I quit my job as a university lecturer back in the summer and in May I applied for the nursing agency NHS Professionals. Well it has all finally gone through and tomorrow is my first booked agency shift at my local hospital. I am a nurse and have been for the past ....blimey almost 16 years but I have been teaching for the past 7 so donning a uniform and working with patients is going to be a little wierd to say the least. Not a completely new experience as part of my role as a lecturer was to stay clinically credible etc and I like to think I have been able to maintain a finger on the pulse of nursing so to speak. I did a shift with my sister a couple of weeks ago unpaid just to get me back into it and I really enjoyed it. It is good to be back with patients I have missed that!

The plan is to do 2 or 3 shifts a week but to still focus on my beads and jewellery business so I do not really anticipate it affecting things very much. The beauty of the agency is that I can do what I want when I want and it fits around my children, my husband and the business all of which are incredibly important to me and I have fought to get back over these last 6 months!

Wish me luck and I will speak soon
TTFN xx

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck hun!! I'm sure you will do well, just enjoy it!! 80)) ♥

    ReplyDelete