Thursday 5 November 2009

Teal delight hollow


Teal delight hollow
Originally uploaded by aurorabeadz
I am not sure that this picture does this bead any sort of justice but anyway here it is! I am sooooo proud of this bead and it's 3 little siblings! (see my Flickr album for a picture of the family group!!). I have to admit to thinking about selling my beadmaking gear on Monday evening whilst in my shedio. I simply (and I am not saying this for sympathy merely an observation of my state of mind at that point!) do not think that my beads cut the mustard. I do have some regular customers and to those people I say a massive thank you and no I am not quitting but I think I may have reached a point where I am not sure how to develop my beads further. I also want to thank everyone who has ever bought beads or jewellery off of me thank you a million times over. Each sale is as fab as though it were the first ...I love it that people like my work and want to buy it!

The answer, I think, lies in getting some more tuition but that involves money and right now things are harder than they have ever been and that is no word of a lie! But when I browse around other peoples beads I feel that my beads are merely ordinary! Nothing special at all, good puckers generally a good shape but nothing special. I have no imagination to work out how to experiment!!! I am in awe of so many different people's work and honestly cannot ever see my work being as awesome as some of these people! Humph!!!!!

Right moan over I am still making beads cos I took these ones out and love them! I guess we shall see what others make of them when they go up for sale on Sunday night.

I have not made it to my shedio today as planned cos my blessed car was on a flat this morning so my fantastic dad helped me out but took much of the morning up then I had to do the school run and get Imogen to the dentist as her brace had broken! And this evening my mojo has gone on shore leave so I think I will leave it till tomorrow. I have an order to fill which I will do and now the strikes are off (for the mo) the post should be easing gradually!

Are you having any fireworks this year? We are not as I literally do not have the money to watch it go up in flames like that so we resort to watching other peoples from the house! I guess it is warmer eh! always try to find something positive ;o)

Anyway must be off I am making stamps tonight for my silver metal clay so hopefully there will be little earrings etc coming out very soon

If you are having fireworks please be safe and enjoy
TTFN xx

8 comments:

  1. I love your beads. In fact, I just ordered some. I hope you keep making them. Looking at the pictures of jewellery people have made with your beads is very inspiring. Any chance of repeating some of the designs ?
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. For one thing, don't underestimate the importance of good puckering and good shapes (not that you do, but I mean, they're REALLY important!) For another, I love your beads :D

    Maybe you could have a weekly experiment time where you just go a little crazy and try to emulate a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jean do you mean some of my beads. Some I do repeat are there any particular ones you are interested in?? and thank you for your order
    xx

    @ Continuum Designs, not a bad idea at all thank you and I am glad you love my beads :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see if I can email you the links to the beads I like so you can see if it is possible to make some more. If not, no worries, I'll certainly be back !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You damn well better not give up, you are a wonderful beadmaker. You know what I said at the Big Bead Show, we cant all make really elaborate, complicated designs which I have to say can be way out of many clients finances!! When my mojo leaves me I usually just have a play, so get out some really wacky, way out colours and put them together in some fun way and you will be surprised and what pops up!!!! I will come down there and sort you out if you give up, RIGHT!!!!!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the set looks stunning....can't wait for it to come home to me.I love the beautiful beads I've bought from you. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. he he he Mandy I am packing it up right now I hope you like it I honestly think my photography skills leave a fair amount to be desired and it is rather scrummy

    Thank you
    xx

    ReplyDelete