Tuesday 6 January 2009

Can you overdose on toothpaste?

Apparently yes....and the reading is quite scary. Savannah decided she was going to brush her teeth this evening unknown to us and during this little event she decided to eat the whole tube of toothpaste (as you do.....) I rang my mum (as you do.....) and said Help! we decided a glass of milk was in order and she would probably get laxative effects from the sorbitol and maybe a tummy ache and that was it. So....off I potter to my shed to make some beads. During my sesh I have a little ephiphany and have made some completely scrummy beads. I am completely getting into the bead making despite the cold and then a little thought worms its way into my head. What if you can overdose on toothpaste? What if there is an ingredient that you should not swallow in large quantities, I mean it does say to encourage spitting and not to swallow!
I turn the torch off, potter indoors nonchalantely so I don't stress hubby out and look toothpaste overdose up on the Internet. OMG Flouride can cause cardiac arrest!!! One call to NHS Direct later and we are cool but seriously toothpaste can be bad for your health! Toothpaste is now high up out of reach as are the Finish Quantum dishwasher tablets which Savannah also has a penchant for!!! Why can't she be more like Imogen she never did anything like that eat stuff, play with stuff? Still I guess having 2 the same would be boring, she is quite a cracker my Sassy bit full on and very high maintenance but fab!!!

5 comments:

  1. Woooo!! Thats a bit scary isnt it?? I had heard toothpaste was bad for you because of the floride in it but Cardiac Arrest!!! I have trouble getting Billie to brush, so no problems there then!!! Hope shes ok today, first day back yesterday and mines off with the lurgy now!! Ho hum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buat saudara punya permasalaha ekonomi: hub aki adipati karna sy sd membuktikan bantuan
      Aki adipati yg berminat tlp di no 081 333 455 366



      Buat saudara punya permasalaha ekonomi: hub aki adipati karna sy sd membuktikan bantuan
      Aki adipati yg berminat tlp di no 081 333 455 366



      Buat saudara punya permasalaha ekonomi: hub aki adipati karna sy sd membuktikan bantuan
      Aki adipati yg berminat tlp di no 081 333 455 366

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry, but I had to smile reading your post - only because I could see my son doing the same thing:) Hope there are no after effects. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be sorry it is quite funny :-) and yes she is fine. actually she is annoyed because she had no toothpaste to brush her teeth with this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I started pointing out the "Warning" sign on the back of toothpaste tubes back in 1995, people thought I was nuts...

    And to think we residually put this "Stuff?" in our mouths three times a day???

    One of the 1,000 reasons I chose more ethical products from places called health food stores, where more forward thinking manufacturers do not put potential toxins in things we need in our daily lives...

    ReplyDelete